Spoons. We use them every day. But who designs them? And can we design them differently? Maybe we would need a reason to do that:
3D modeling competition
You are going to enter a 3D modeling competition.
You will design an innovative spoon.
Step 1 - Getting some skills
Complete this 2-part tutorial series which will teach you how to make a basic spoon using the magical Blender application.
Step 2 - adapt your spoon for a given purpose
Adapting a design is not easy for several reasons:
- You may not have any ideas - well, ask around... and look around!
- You may not have enough technical skill - well, do another tutorial. You have time to build your skills.
- You may believe your current version is perfect enough - never believe this! We would still be living in mud huts if this was true. Don't be a cave man!
Step 3 - create a webpage advertising your design. You webpage should:
- have a nice, big title.
- include screenshots or an animation of your model so that we can see it from different angles.
- include a description of the purpose of your spoon. What makes it so special? Who would need it?
Step 4 - submission
Submit your project folder including your 3D model file, your webpage and any associated files.